Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Something wrong with this picture?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member BigErn72's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 22nd, 2005
    Posts
    172
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Now I wouldn't buy something like this off ebay, but check this out...

    web page

    Now, first of all the picture shows him signing something that doesn't really look like a red guitar.

    Second, the cap on the marker is gold and the signature is blue. Most markers I've seen the color of the cap is the color of the markers ink. Maybe I'm reading too much into it I don't know. What do you think?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member pretty_in_punk's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 20th, 2003
    Posts
    1,533
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ahahahaa!! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Orchid Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 23rd, 2007
    Posts
    11
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Good catch.....definately not the same guitar.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member mikeehowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    371
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Wow, good work. Most people wouldn't have noticed that. That isn't a red guitar he is signing thats for sure...and i dont see why a blue marker would have a gold cap.

    The only thing I could think of is maybe they took the pic guard off the guitar in the picture and put it on the red guitar? And if you look closely it looks like Mike Ness is holding 2 pens/markers in his right hand. Maybe the other pen is the blue one...?

  5. #5
    Inactive Member BigErn72's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 22nd, 2005
    Posts
    172
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    AND, if you notice the neck isn't the same color. The description says "YOU WILL ALSO RECEIVE THE CANDID PHOTO SHOWN OF MIKE NESS SIGNING FOR INKREDIBLE_AUTOGRAPHS FOR PROOF OF AUTHENTICITY!" If this is bogus that's pretty messed up. Is this what they mean by buyer beware?

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Lbv2034's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 29th, 2005
    Posts
    38
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Appears to be autograph hounds. They remove the guards have them signed and put them any old guitar.

    I hate to see these types try to turn a profit off of the band.

    <font color="#FFFF00" size="1">[ July 26, 2007 09:20 PM: Message edited by: Lbv2034 ]</font>

  7. #7
    Inactive Member mikeehowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    371
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I emailed the seller..here my email and their reply.

    I saw the Mike Ness autographed guitar on ebay. In the picture of where he is signing the guitar..the guitar is black or a dark color, its not red like the one shown in the picture with the signature. And also, it looks like Mike Ness is holding a gold marker, not a blue marker/pen the color that signature is in. Can you explain this?

    Here's the seller reply...

    Mike, I was'nt able to take a photo of every guitar we got signed by mike ness it is 100% guaranteed authentic for life. The photo is just for proof we met him thanks

  8. #8
    Inactive Member mawpizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 14th, 2005
    Posts
    308
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    looks a little fishy.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Jonny_0110's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 31st, 2005
    Posts
    83
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well I think you're all too cynical. I buy a lot from this highly reliable seller and thanks to them I now have guitars recently signed by Slash, James Hetfield, Bob Dylan, Marc Bolan, Jimi Hendrix, Freddy Mercury, Jesus Christ and Batman...

    <font color="#FFFF00" size="1">[ July 27, 2007 01:43 PM: Message edited by: Jonny_0110 ]</font>

  10. #10
    Inactive Member BigErn72's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 22nd, 2005
    Posts
    172
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Proof that they met him?!? I have proof that I met him. Does that mean I can sign my strat with Mike's name and pass it off?? Looks really fishy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •